Here is a short list of some of the Windows 7 bugs I have discovered.
- Microsoft Excel 2007 locks up (often!).
- Unable to force close some locked up tasks (Excel 2007).
- Virtual PC 2005 issues with screen refresh.
- Windows Start Menu – Unable to modify All Users do to permissions (On Vista, you would get a get a UAC warning – On Windows 7 you get a message that the file is in use)
- Unable to copy programs into the "Program Files" folder do to permissions. (On Vista, you would get a UAC warning – On Windows 7 you get a message that the file is in use)
- Windows Media Player does not have the toolbar feature.
- Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools no longer work on Windows 7.
- Windows notification area (system try) items do not respect hide/unhide settings.
- Windows notification area (system try); when showing hidden items is "always on top". This makes it hard to see the notification/program you are trying to access.
- Sometimes when deleting a file, the file deletes, but an icon still remains. The icon will display a generic image and cannot be deleted. If you try, you will get a UAC prompt and then told that you don’t have premission. This icon will disappear when you reboot.